Friday, June 16, 2017

Cherry Blossoms

Hello everyone! It's been a few weeks since I last posted. We were on a vacation to California last week. We had a great time. It took us a few days to get back to normal life :) Today I'm here to share my inspiration post for Inspired By Stamping.


Recently, I saw a video by Jennifer McGuire, where she had used tulle to make shakers. This card is inspired by her technique.
Here's how I made this card:
  • I stamped the Cherry blossoms from the Inspired By Stamping Cherry Blossoms stamp set with distress ink Abandoned Coral on a scrap piece of copic friendly paper. I colored the image with Copics and fussy cut it. I used G99, YG67, YG63, YG61, YG03 for leaves and stem and R37, R35, R22, R32  for flowers and Y35 for stamens.

  • I cut out a frame from white card stock and embossed it with Hero Arts gold embossing powder.
 
  • On the backside of the frame, I added a layer of double sided adhesive tape and adhered a layer of tulle. I added sequins from Inspired By Stamping Strawberry Slush and Valentine's Day sequins on to the tulle window.
  • I folded the tulle over itself, and pressed down on the double sided adhesive tape.
  • I added another layer of double sided adhesive tape on the tulle, along the oval frame. 
  • Then I cut off the excess tulle. This is the shaker part.
  • Then I removed the backing on the double sided adhesive tape and adhered it down onto the coral card base. Alternatively, you can just use 1 layer of tulle and adhere it on to the card base, instead of making a shaker element separately. I adhered the fussy cut Cherry Blossoms image over the shaker.
  • I then decided, it needed a tiny butterfly. So I gold embossed the small butterfly from the Inspired By Stamping - Australian Nature I Stamp set and colored it copics R37, R35 and R32. I fussy cut it and added it on top of the banner.
 

Here's a view from the side, showing all the sparkle.


Hope you like this tone on tone look. Do let me know your thoughts.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

Submitting this to:

20 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful!

Cheryl W. said...

Your card is so lovely! I watched that tutorial by Jennifer McGuire, too, but I haven't gotten around to trying out this technique yet. Thank you so much for joining us at Let's Craft and Create for our latest challenge. Cheryl W, DT

aussie aNNie said...

I love this and the colours are adorable. I too saw the ytube by J. McGuire and love the new technique for shaker cards.xx [aNNie]

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Berina :-) I love how you used tulle for the shaker, the whole design of this is so pretty! LOVE it :-)

Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday and Wednesday Challenges
Luv
Lols x x x

SD pooja said...

It looks very pretty !

Vicki Finger said...

Very pretty card!

Mrs A. said...

Brilliant. Love the vibrant colours. I saw her video as well and book marked it for future use. Thank you for fluttering into my bingo challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Berina, lovely rich colours and fabulous design.
I'm so pleased that you had a great holiday.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sally H said...

A fabulous creation using your favourite stamps of the moment! thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

Macarena said...

This is so cool! I have never thought about a shaker making with tulle! Great inspiration. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Mia said...

I love your card! It's great!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Berina! It's so elegant and pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

brenda said...

A lovely floral shaker card for our June challenges at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations Berina (I'm running very late), many thanks for joining in.

B x

Daniela said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
x Daniela (DT)

ChristineCreations said...

Such pretty cherry blossoms and what a fun shaker...the gold is really classy too! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month Berina!

Aileen said...

This is such a wonderful creation and I love how you share how to do every step. The net instead of acetate is wonderful and your no line colouring of your flowers stunning. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

Linby said...

So pretty and your colouring is wonderful. The net looks cool too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
Lynn x
DT

Viv said...

Great shaker card and a lovely colour! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations

Viv said...

This is so lovely Berina, just love your bright pretty flowers. Thank you for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon. (Just to remind you we allow entry to just 6 other challenges) ;) Viv DT xx